Ask a Question
Email or Username
I forgot my password
Welcome to H1BSupport.Com, please Ask a Question and an H1B Expert will provide an answer within 24 Hours!
my f1 has expired and am currently on opt, i will start working with intel from april 2016 and they will file for h1. I wanted to know teh risk in travelling to india in july if my h1 gets selected/not selected in the lottery.
my f1 has expired and am currently on opt, i will start working with intel from april 2016 and they will file for h1. I wanted to know the risk in travelling to india in july 2016, if my h1 gets selected/not selected in the lottery.
Mar 2, 2016
F1, CPT, OPTs
to add a comment.
to answer this question.
It is not a very good idea to travel on OPT while the H1B is pending. Please wait until the H1B is approved, get a visa stamped and return on H1B Visa.
Mar 2, 2016
ask related question
to add a comment.
I am currently in US on H1B and getting my H1 transferred to another employer. I want to know if I start working for new employer and my current employer revokes my visa and subsequently H1 transfer gets denied, Will I still be H1 cap exempt. Will I be able to come back to US without going through lottery with some other H1 tranfer from within india?
My employer has filed H1B for me this year and I am on OPT which is not under stem category. So my H1 b is not covered under masters cap and is a regular one. I have still not been notified about its status from the employer and they are saying they haven't received it yet from USCIS. I checked with my school and they are saying my SEVIS id is also not updated. My OPT expires on 1st Aug. In this case, since there is no update in SEVIS id , should I believe my H1 b has not been selected. How long is the usual wait in these cases?
My H1 got processed and got the file number but I797 is with current employer(in india), he is refusing to share. I have got an offer at US and the new company is ready to transfer my H1 ,so that i can start my job at US, am currently in UK, will the USICS respond to me quickly if i write a letter asking for the copies of my i797 or the other docs submitted ? if so what should i do to get the response quick?
Hi From "A" company I Got my h1b in 2015 and stamped / valid till Aug. 2018. Started normal transfer processing with company "B" in June 2016. Got RFE in March 2017 and same time converted in to premium and receipt says again RFE. I am not sure my employer will provide the required documents i had an argue with him and he is not letting me know the status. if he don’t respond or respond with non-relevant paper, does he has to lose something or will be effecting bad for his company and my visa and what are the chances to get a denial or approval. what i supposed to do. I have a "C" company in a row to transfer. pls suggest
I was working for company A and then got offer from B and they started H1 Transfer and then I got offer from C also and they also filed H1 Transfer. Both transfer are in progress ( not yet approved since PP is stopped). I joined C a week back but now I am willing to join B( as they are going to file GC on joining). Is it legal to do change company before get transfer approved ? what could be the consequences if I leave C now and join B.
I was working for company A and then got offer from B and C. B started H1 Transfer first and then C also filed H1 Transfer. Both transfer are in progress ( not yet approved since PP is stopped). I joined C a week back but now I am willing to join B( as they are going to file GC on joining). Is it legal to do ? what could be the consequences if I leave C now and join B.
I am an Indian. My H1 B got selected in the lottery in the year 2014. I have resigned from the company who has filed my H1B and never travelled to USA so far. I have received a I797-B form from my previous employer. The petition validity from 01/10/2014 to 01/10/2016. Can I use this H1 B as a a cap exempt by finding a new employer who can do H1 transfer from me from india. It yes how long I can be cap exempt.
I have already completed my 6 years H1B quota in 2016 and working with current employer having I-140 approved since 2016 Jan. Is it feasible for me to work for a new employer only based on H1B extension (if the new employer is not going to file PERM Or port my I-140)?
Hi, My husband is a h1b visa holder working in a temporary position as a visiting professor at a University. Recently he got an offer as a tenured track faculty member at another university. I know that he has to apply for a new h1b visa in order to work for a new employer. The new employer's HR consultant told him that he might need to apply for a I 129 form to be able to work at the university, and this gonna take two months in order to be approved. The problem is that he has to start working for the new employer by August 15, so the time is so limited. My question, what should he do in this situation ? It's the first time we hear about I 129, we do not know if it is a must. We appreciate your advice. Many thanks,
I am currently in India and my H1b visa is getting expired on 31st December 2017 , amendment was filed on 6th July and i received receipt notice on 5th August 2017,its almost 4 months how much more time it will take for my case to get approved?
I started my work at Non-profit university H1B from April 2015. I went through the profit employer B H1B lottery of 2016 and approved without i-94 on October 1st, 2016 and not revoked, without working for that company B. Was I counted or not for H1B transfer from employer A,B to C??
Hi. I have a question. I'm in H1B. My previous employer (Employer A) stopped US PAYROLL in 20-SEP-2016 and ran my INDIA PAYROLL until 30-NOV-2016.But I joined in another employer (Employer B) in US by 10-OCT-2016 once my H1B transfer initiated (It has been approved on 21-NOV-2016). My Employer A gave experience certificate till 30-NOV-2016. Let me know do I have any legal issue for applying GC since I have 2 months (OCT and NOV 2016) payroll in India with employer A and payroll in US with employer B at the same time and Experience letter with Employer A till 30-NOV-2016. Please advice me and it will be very much helpful before applying GC.
Company A filed a Petition for H1B on April 8, 2013 and Petition got approved in December 2013. But i never travelled to US from them and i left the company and then company A revoked the petition in July 2015 Now can Company B file for H1 transfer under cap exemption based on my earlier H1 petition? .
I am currently on valid H4. My employer is filing for my H1 B in April 2018. However, I have a family emergency and need to travel to India in March and be back to US by April 2018. My question is will I be able to enter US on my valid H4?
When I was on H4 in US (for couple of weeks I was in US) I applied H1 with a consultancy, the employer filed petition for H4toH1 (COS) instead of CP. Now I am not in US , but I received I797-A approval with that previous I94 details . Please advise if I am eligible to travel to US on H4 ( as my H4 visa expiry and spouse H1 Visa is till 2019 ) or I have to go for stamping interview in India for H1B visa and travel to US for work?
I am in a situation where my OPT stem extension application is in pending. So i am expecting RFE. I work through a consulting company. I work for an Automotive OEM which is directly related to my field, My consultant is preparing the i 983 form with the help of their attorney and with the job description they have. My question is if they prepare and sign i 983 form ( assuming that they prepare it correctly as per my field) will that be still an issue as they are consulting company?
Related to the suspension of H1b premium processing starting from April 3rd, I have the following question: If I file an H1b "transfer" in March and receive a receipt of March 15th but receive an RFE on March 25th and then I file the RFE documents by March 30th, will USCIS continue to honor premium processing cases if they are still pending beyond April 3rd?
I was selected in H1B Lottery. Still waiting for approval. Message showing that still Same in USCIS website. On May 20, 2016, we transferred your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EAC161*******, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. We sent you a notice that explains why we moved your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by June 19, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.
Hi my VISA is expiring on 30 Sep 2016. My employer is filling the extension now with normal processing. I would be submitting documents in this week. I am planning to travel india beween Sep 1st to Sep 15. Is it legal to go india and come back on Sep when i have VISA, extension filed but not answered yet. Will there be any problem at port of Entry?
My H1B visa expired on Aug 2016.Petition was withdrawn by employer in Sept 2016. I have been to US on this visa for 4 months in 2015.So now, am I under Cap exempt to reapply for H1B? If yes, do I need to wait till April 1st to file for cap exempt H1B? or can I apply at any time for cap exempt?
H1B Sponsorship Call/Webinars
H1B: LCA issues
H1B: Processing Times
H1B: Visa Stamping
H1B: H4 Visas,Stamping
H1B: 7th Year Extension
H1B: L1 to H1B
H1B: Employer Reviews
GC: EB3 to EB2 Porting
EAD (I-765) - ALL
F1, CPT, OPTs
L1, L2 Visas
E3, TN, B1, J Visas
Payroll, Rates, Taxes
H1B: Visa Sponsorship Requests
H1B Job Specialization: What's Wrong with the Level 1 Wages RFE
EB2 or EB3? - Find out Before You File
H1B RFE of the Year: Level 1 Wages
What does the Level 1 Wages RFE Mean for the H1B Visa?
How to Use the Level 1 Wages RFE as a Tool
Level 1 Wages: Who is to Blame for this RFE?
Who's Fault was the Level 1 Wages RFE?
Most popular tags